Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Canadian Winter Experience aka when to run away

Hola, amigos!

Part of the great Canadian winter experience is running away from it if possible. Spring break should be renamed "spring escape" because by March we are all desperate to get out of these snow-covered lands of the north. Spring may be right around the corner, but by this point it seems like every day is another week of waiting. Or another month. We need some heat and sunshine, stat!

So I fulfilled my patriotic obligation and headed south. Not to Florida, which is tremendously popular spot. With Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and NASA, it's a geek paradise. Not to Hawaii, where you can stop pretending to be Elsa and singing "Do You Want to Build a Snowman". (Did I accidentally give you an ear worm? YOU'RE WELCOME.)

I headed to the lovely Mayan Riviera for some sun, sand, and research on my upcoming Resort Romance. How can you not be inspired by this?






I have a ton of places for my hapless couple to fall in love, but I'm missing one last piece before I can get started.

Does this mean I have to go back for more inspiration? Or am I stuck waiting for spring to land in Winnipeg. I don't know what the groundhog said last month, but my fingers are crossed for an early arrival.

In the meantime, if I've inspired you to get away, you can check out some other tropical destination in Cuban Moon, Mexican Sunsets, and Dominican Stars.  (At 99 cents each, they're much cheaper than a plane ticket.)


No comments:

Post a Comment