Wednesday, September 23, 2015

New Projects in the Works!

There's something about autumn that makes me feel more productive. It's either that snap in the air or the routine of making fresh starts at school in September. I always find myself digging into new writing projects.

This year is particularly exciting as I'm beginning to write and plan a number of new series. There's nothing so exciting as venturing into a new world and meeting new characters. Plus, it means I can buy new office supplies, which I love. I have new binders on my desk and am rapidly filling them with notes and scribbles that make sense only to me.

So, what's coming? Well, let's look back first to see the foundations.

The first job on my plate when I went all-indie three years ago was to put my older works in new editions, both in digital and print. For my alter ego Claire Delacroix, there were a lot of medieval romances to repackage, including the Rogues of Ravensmuir and the Jewels of Kinfairlie trilogies. These Scottish medieval romances feature the family at Ravensmuir and Kinfairlie—the Jewels of Kinfairlie trilogy tells the stories of three of the eight siblings at Kinfairlie. One of the first things I did when I went indie was continue that story - my True Love Brides series tells the stories of the next four siblings in that family and all four books in that series are now available.

FREE this week!
The Beauty Bride, book #1 of the Jewels of Kinfairlie, is free this week at most portals, if you'd like to begin reading the stories of those sisters and brothers.

If you're counting, you'll realize there are only seven siblings who have had their stories told. So, one of my upcoming projects is a new series of medieval Scottish romances, which includes the story of Ross, the last of the family to find his HEA. The Brides of Inverfyre will take us back to the Highlands, where Ross has been training for his spurs, and follow the stories of his cousins, too. These are the kids of Aileen and the Hawk, whose story is told in The Warrior.

Pre-order for October!
I took a break from Kinfairlie to write a medieval romance series that's been haunting me for a few years. I wanted to follow a company of knights on their return from Jerusalem to their respective homes in France, England and Scotland, and write a series of four tightly linked books. I made them Templar knights - or former Templars - and entrusted them with a secret treasure to deliver to safety. Since the Latin Kingdoms are fighting for their survival, they ride out with a party of pilgrims in need of their defense. Along the way, I knew they'd find danger and adventure, as well as true love. The Champions of Saint Euphemia is that series: book #1, The Crusader's Bride, is available and the other three books are listed for pre-order. Book #2, The Crusader's Heart, will be published in October, followed by The Crusader's Kiss in January and The Crusader's Vow in April.

FREE at iBooks!
Now for my Deborah Cooke books. :-) A few years ago, I republished the Coxwell Series of contemporary romances - which was originally published under the pseudonym Claire Cross - as Deborah Cooke books.

If you'd like to try out my contemporary romances, Double Trouble is free at iBooks right now, and at Amazon in some territories.

Reviewing these particular books reminded me how much I liked writing contemporary romance - these are romantic comedies as well as stories of family and relationships. I wanted to write more books like this, so one of the series I'm working on is a new four-book contemporary romance series, which will launch in June with Simply Irresistible.

Now Available!
Finally, there are dragons! I completed my Dragonfire series of paranormal romances featuring the dragon shape shifter heroes called the Pyr earlier this year with the publication of Firestorm Forever. It was great to wrap up all the loose threads of the story and finish the battle of the Pyr against the evil Slayers, and it took a big book to get it done - Firestorm Forever is about 200,000 words long, the biggest book I've ever written, and includes three romances. (Phew.)

Now Available!
Of course, that can't be the last of my dragon shifters. The other new series I'm working on is DragonFate, more paranormal romances featuring hot dragon shifter heroes. You can read an excerpt from the first book in that series, Hot Blooded, on my website. Theo is fascinated by the continuing character Mel Scott, and by the ghost that follows her - she's actually Melusine, the half-Fae woman cursed to shift shape once a week until she finds true love. Since Melusin is a French medieval fairy tale, not everyone knows it, so I've made my retelling of it available in a digital edition - although it's a romantic story, it doesn't end happily, which is why Theo and I need to give Mel her HEA.

Lots of new projects and adventures for me this fall! How about you? Do you like to start new projects in the autumn? Do you find the change of seasons invigorating? Or would you rather just curl up and read?


4 comments:

  1. Fall is a busy time at my office so my new projects are indeed curling up with a good book and a mug of tea - one of my favorite ways to unwind. Fall weekends are the perfect time for flean up and decluttering projects. It is one of my favorite times of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is a busy time at my office so my new projects are indeed curling up with a good book and a mug of tea - one of my favorite ways to unwind. Fall weekends are the perfect time for flean up and decluttering projects. It is one of my favorite times of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and really Deb, new office supplies brwahahah ;)
    Looking forward to all!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love office supplies, Deb! They get me on new colours of post-it notes every time. :-) And you're right, Claire, fall is a good time to sort and organize, too.

    ReplyDelete