Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Balancing Act (@KaliWillows) #Romance #Author #Writing

Hey there Romance Eh Peeps!



I've been quiet on here for the last few months, as I've taken on new challenges and now trying a concept I've become quite rusty at...Balancing!

Being a Canadian romance author is my first love, my passion, and something I wish I had more time to indulge in. Prior to the fall, I worked to balance being a married mother of two and all the responsibilities that come with it. I was doing pretty good most of the time.

Alongside writing, a bigger responsibility as an author is the need for promotion, of self, publishers, and fellow authors. I love spreading cheer about the written word, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to social media, book takeovers, blogs, posts, advertising, blurbs, teasers and everything in between, the time for writing vanishes in the blink of an eye.

Because I had SO MUCH extra time on my hands to write, I felt compelled to add another weight to balance: In September, I returned to school! Yup, you read that right. I'm working my way into a second career after leaving 25+ years in human services. Now, I'm pursuing the world of public relations.

Although part of my diabolical plan was to infuse my love of writing and social media blitzing into a tangible career, I forgot how much work I would be taking on. Assignments, projects, events. It's all wonderful, but I got even more ambitious and agreed to accept the prestigious invitation to contribute to two new anthologies *pulls hair out and screams hysterically*

You may be asking if I've lost my mind. My reply would be, most likely. I try to balance home, self-care, and school with the other pieces on my plate. I admit, I've taken off more than I can chew, but with the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm confident I'll get there!

So, now that I've typed out my explanation of my lack of presence, I must run and make dinner for my mini squad and continue with laundry, dishes, and housework before I dive back into homework and eventually, if there is any time left, into writing my next dragon story!

Happy reading,



No comments:

Post a Comment