Thursday, September 14, 2017

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Summer's end. @tdanielsauthor



Hola from Mexico! Those of you who read my last post know that Mr. D and I just recently purchased our dream home out in the country. Then the day after we moved in I was on a plane out of the country to work on a business project. Leaving damn near killed me. Almost 18 years it took me to find this incredible man and Sunday August 27th was supposed to be the first day of my Happily-ever-after. 
Instead I was on my way to Tijuana alone for the next four weeks.  Being alone is nothing new to me. Like I said, I was single for eighteen years.  I didn't take in account that for the past two years Mr. D. has become a cherished companion.  I love his company, I enjoy having someone to share my life with. Last year, I spent a little over two weeks in Ireland without him, so I know that being away shouldn't be a problem. Well I didn't think so. Seems over the past year I've grown even more accustomed to having him around.

Everyone assumed that this trip would be somewhat of a pleasant vacation, but they were wrong. I expected to be busy here but we're in the office at 7am and return to the hotel in the evening to plug back in and continue working from our rooms. Three weeks in and we've yet to see any part of Mexico that wasn't on the 30 minute drive from the Hotel to the Office. You'd think that I wouldn't have time to miss him. I was unprepared for how much I do. I miss his smile and the way that his blue eyes sparkle when he looks at me. I miss how he fusses over me and how attentive he is. I really miss the bedtime ritual of him climbing into bed, and snuggling behind me, giving my boobs a gentle squeeze, letting out a deep sigh, followed by snoring.

Being alone now just feels... odd. I'm nearing the end of the project and counting the days until I can come home. I do my best to hold my shit together when I talk to him everyday. It isn't easy, and I'm not going to lie and say that I haven't shared a few tears. I do know that once I get home to him I won't take his kisses for granted. But enough of that mushy stuff for now.

Something really exciting has happened while I'm away. Daylight is getting shorter, the evenings are starting to cool down as the season start to change. My story "Refusing To Expire" was voted second best Romance Novel of the Summer in a poll by Metamorph Publishing. To say that I'm excited is a huge understatement.

The other fantastic news is that I'll be wrapping up this business project and heading home on the 24th of September which means I will indeed be home in time to sign at the Ignite Your Soul Author Event in London, Ontario on September 30th. Mr. D. has taken the weekend off work and plans to travel with me as my PA for that weekend. He mumbled something about not letting me out of his sight for a very long time.  :)

Come and see Mr. D and I, and buy your signed paperback!  Until next time... Tricia Daniels out !







No comments:

Post a Comment