Monday, September 18, 2017

The Spice by @elle_rush

Until a few years ago, anyone talking about "the spice" would have been discussing Frank Herbert's "Dune."

Then came Starbucks. And "the spice" became Pumpkin Spice and the entire world - nay, the multiverse - changed with the very first latte.

I had my first PSL (pumpkin spice latte) last year, just so I could say I had one. It was very ... orange. I don't drink coffee to start with, so I won't be having another, but I'm glad I tried it. If you wait with eager anticipation for this season, you should go out and enjoy one. If others can rave about bacon 365 days a year, you can bloody well enjoy your PSL for the two months you can have it.



That latte confirmed something I already knew: I do enjoy pumpkin spice. In other forms. Particularly  baked forms. Pumpkin pie? Yes, please. Pumpkin cookies? Don't mind if I do. Pumpkin loaf? I'd love to try a slice. (There is also a pumpkin pie soft ice cream that is to die for, but it's so rich I can only handle one or two a year. So keep your eyes open for that.)

Canadian Thanksgiving is less than a month away. While I'll be buying a pie, I'd like to expand my pumpkin recipe repertoire. This year, I'm going to be trying a pumpkin loaf and a batch of pumpkin cookies.

CONTEST - LINK A RECIPE, WIN A BOOK!

If you have any pumpkin baking recipes, please share links in the comments, or send them to me on social media. You can find me on Twitter and FaceBook. I will try at least one, and the first person who gave me the link for that recipe will get a free book!

Happy September!

Elle

6 comments:

  1. Great post, Elle! Annie from Annie's Eats always delivers with something amazing.

    http://everydayannie.com/wp-content/cache/wp-rocket/www.annies-eats.com/2011/09/23/pumpkin-snickerdoodles/index.html_gzip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad adores Snickerdoodles. These are definitely on the list.

      Delete
  2. Something easy and tasty..... http://www.easygoodcooking.us/2017/09/pumpkin-pie-bombs.html?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These look amazing! And not hard to do. I'm going to try them. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. If you contact me on FB https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008958122522 I'll arrange your free book, kaisquared. I'm trying your recipe today.

      Delete