Sunday, April 19, 2015

Romancing the Capital

Romancing the Capital
Something Wicked This Way Comes…  
Posted By: Kali Willows


On  April 17th & 18th, 2015, myself and several of our Canadian authors from Romance Eh, will be attending a special event!


Romancing the Capital Ottawa Romance Convention. It takes place in Ottawa, Canada Several and is the very first one, of what we hope becomes an annual event for Canadian readers to indulge in. I’m one of those crazy authors who will be there!


In honor of this event, I’m happy to announce, my Canadian-based story: Romancing the Author was contracted for a submission call just for this sizzling occasion.


Along with a multi-author sponsored Mad Hatter dinner and dance, there is also a 50’s Sock Hop, panels, workshops and a spectacular book fair with 50 registered authors, the good times will be endless.


An event near and dear to my heart is the Author-Reader Speed Dating Extravaganza I am hosting.  With 25 registered authors and a room full of prizes to be won, it promises to be jam packed with fun and excitement while readers get a chance to meet some of their favorites and discover even more.


What is this new, steamy 1NS tale I’m bringing to the Canadian Capital, you ask? It’s my pleasure to introduce my newest 1NS story:


                                             Romancing the Author



~Blurb~

NFL star, Connor Caine has given up on romance. Starved for a real woman with curves, intellect, and a sharp wit, he exchanges playful messages with an online crush. But when he can’t connect with her, he’s urged to seek out a 1Night Stand while in the Canadian capital for business.

Steamy sex is plentiful for author Gemma Daveen—at least on the pages she writes. Publicized as happily married, she has kept a few well-hidden secrets. But her publicist knows better, and ravenous for sexual reprieve, Gemma soon finds herself booked for a 1Night Stand during a romance convention in Ottawa.


~Excerpt~

Connor: Do you wear jeans, Gemma?
Gemma: Sure, all the time. They’re 90 percent of my wardrobe, LOL. Why?
Connor: I’ve got a thing for belt loops.
Gemma: What do you mean? And were they crossing a line?
Connor: Have you ever had a guy slip his fingers into the belt loops of your jeans and pull you so close to him, he could taste your lips?
Gemma: No, but I like the sound of that. Had she really typed that?
Conner: Maybe one day, I can pull you by the belt loops.

Three hours flew by and, finally, despite her fascination, her eyelids grew heavy
Connor: I have a confession to make. I’ve bought your books and read them. You’re such a gifted author.
Gemma: You have? Her breath hitched.
Connor: Yes! I can’t get enough of your stories. You’re brilliant.
Gemma: Thank you. A weak response given he had just hit her cerebral G-spot. Conner loved her writing? He’d read her books? Incredible. No longer tired, she held her hands over the keyboard.
Gemma: I…have to come clean with something, too.
Connor: What?
All or nothing.
Gemma: I’m a sapiosexual.
Connor: Come again?
Gemma: A person sexually attracted to the intelligence in others. She held her breath for his response.
Connor: And where do I fit into this orientation of yours?
Butterflies somersaulted in her stomach.
Gemma: Top of the list.


***




~Buy Links:~


***




Happy Reading!

Kali Willows

No comments:

Post a Comment