Monday, February 6, 2017

Praying for Spring

Reading through the posts here the last couple days from Michelle, Nathan and Kayleigh I can see a theme resonating with cold and warming everyone up.

I have to join in with them, because I'm praying for spring. We've had a fairly mild winter, but I'm counting down the days until spring (42 days!!!). The tundra swans have returned to SW Ontario earlier than usual and Shubencadie Sam and Wiarton Willie both predicted an early spring.

Although Puxtaney Phil said 6 more weeks of winter. Meanie.



I know, I know it's the same length of time. It's a totally mind game those rodents are playing with us. Still, the Tundra Swans don't lie right?

RIGHT???


*sigh*

I'm not a fan of winter, as you know, but we're getting closer to spring.

So close.

And I'm really looking forward to not wearing 18 layers of clothing and kicking off my socks again.



I guess I could have it worse. My brother & his S.O. are suffering through their first winter in the Northwest Territories. Did someone say cold? This is a picture of my brother driving across Great Slave Lake on an actual ice road.

Brrr.


I think I'll keep my winter ...but it's days are numbered! What part of spring are you looking forward to the most?

You can find out more about Amy at her website or find her hanging out on Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment