Monday, August 28, 2017

Back to school frenzy!


For many of us end of August brings about the dreaded back to school frenzy 😱Supplies to be replenished, ✏️✂️🖇🖍registration day to attend, first teacher meetings not to miss and the list goes on and on. 

This year my back to school experience has been quite the transition with my youngest starting high school and my oldest now a high school senior. Many changes for both of them and more still to come. 

In the midst of all that, the biggest surprise of all  for me this year is when my middle daughter announced that for her personal project this year she would write a book 📚 how wonderful 😁So she asked me how to research how to write a book. My first answer: read! Which I got the anticipated eye roll 🙄 since this is my kid who on her birthday 🎉 and Christmas 🎄 lists she had over 30 book titles each 😵 Still I encouraged her to keep her book worm 🐛 habit and told to check out writing/author blogs, also suggested she go through the following books:

Stephen King, On Writing: spot on advice

Julia Cameron, The Artist's Way: for all those times she'll want to quit she can find a trinket of inspiration 

Lynn Truss, Eats Shoots and Leaves The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation!: because we all know good punctuation goes a long way 😉

Hopefully with these tools and a guiding hand along the way her endeavour will be a success...will keep you all posted as the year unfolds.

Ohh! Almost forgot about big surprise for me too arrived as well during this turbulent weeks. My UK publishing house HoE sent me an email stating that my collection of short-short and short stories Sizzling Teasers will be made available as an audio book how cool is that? No dates yet but will definitely be keeping you all up to date on these great news!!


No comments:

Post a Comment