Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Stranger, a horror anthology featuring @LeoRosanna.

Hi everyone!
It's not too often I get the chance to discuss something other than romance. Who's kidding who? Does anything exist outside romance? (I'm a romance author. Allow me my fantasties.)

Well, today I'm thrilled to tell you about The Stranger, an anthology of horror coming to Corbeau Media. I had been mulling over a scary story idea a while back and when I saw the submission call from Corbeau, I decided to take the plunge and pitch my idea.

I was thrilled to learn it was accepted!


My contribution to the anthology will be a novella entitled The Cemetery Guardian. Set in Toronto's Necropolis cemetery, it brings some gothic flavour to a Canadian setting. 

And we're all big fans of Canada here, aren't we? ;)

Canada has a long and wonderful tradition of frightening literature. And because of our history, there are a lot of ghost stories. However, so many of the ones people tend to talk about are set in other locales. I thought it might be fun to shine a creepy spotlight on our patch. 


Why did I write The Cemetery Guardian? Well, although romance has always been my driving passion, I grew up loving scary stories. In fact, some of the first books I ever read as a child were peopled with ghosts, demons and figures from gruesome history. 

Morbid, I know. That's probably a discussion for another post. 

Despite the darker nature of my novella, there is definitely a romantic theme. 

Blurb:
Toronto's Necropolis has long been a city of the dead. For one grieving woman, it becomes the setting for an unusual romance. Marianne Phelps has lost her mother and spends her evenings at the gravesite. When someone desecrates the grave, cemetery manager Edward Adams comes to Marianne's rescue. 
Soothing and patient, Edward is unlike any man Marianne has ever known. His old-fashioned manners make her dream of love, even among the crumbling headstones.
Before long, a sinister presence makes itself known to Marianne. She will have to fight for her life, her very soul.
She's just not sure she wants to.

The Stranger is set to release at all major vendors, in ebook and print format, on October 2. That's right, just in time for Halloween. However, please stay tuned to my blog for preorder and buy links. You can find me at www.rosannaleoauthor.wordpress.com.


Romance is awesome but sometimes it's nice to write, and read, outside one's comfort zone. I hope you'll join me for a good scare!






4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica! I'm thrilled to be in the anthology with you.

      Delete
  2. Yay! I love horror stories and I just signed up for your newsletter so I don't miss out on this antho :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, LD! I appreciate that very much. I can't wait to share this story with you.

      Delete