Monday, January 23, 2017

Hello from Rosanna Leo! @LeoRosanna

Happy New Year and hello!
I'm so thrilled to be one of the new members of Romance Eh? Canadian Style. Thanks to Kacey Hammell for bringing me on board. I am honoured to be in this company.

Who am I?
For those who don't know me, I am a Canadian romance author. Born and raised in Toronto, I try to inject a bit of Canada into my books whenever I can. When not writing, I work in a public library. Either way, I'm surrounded by books so I'm as happy as a clam.



Some of you may know me from my Gemini Island Shifters series (which takes place in Northern Ontario). Others may know me from my Orkney Selkies series (which takes place in Orkney, Scotland). Others may know me from my Greek God series (which is set in Toronto and the Mayan Riviera...hey, a girl needs some beach time too!)

What you may not know about me is this: I have a love/hate relationship with organizing my house.
But it's January...the season of organization and resolutions, right?
Meh.

Some time ago, I read Marie Kondo's The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
This tiny blockbuster of a book inspired many to take charge of their house organization.

Me? Not so much.

Many have gravitated to Ms. Kondo's whimsical approach to tidying up. She advocates many practices such as folding one's socks and underwear and expressing gratitude to one's clothes (that's right, I said to one's clothes, not for one's clothes.) She calls it the "Japanese art of decluttering and organizing." While I appreciated this spiritual approach to cleaning, the book made me feel inferior with regards to my housekeeping. No matter how hard I try, I will never stack up to this standard and quite frankly I don't have time to engage in conversations with my sweaters. Don't get me wrong. I don't live in a pigsty. I like cleanliness but there is a significant part of me that rebels at the thought of thanking the items in my panty drawer. Personally, I think my husband ought to be giving thanks for those.

In this month of change and resolution, I have decided to adopt a different approach. I shall be grateful in general. I shall tidy things up as they get messy (or get my kids to do their parts.)
And if things sit in their piles for a while, I'm not going to sweat it.
Because life is busy enough.

Oh, and there's always another book to write. ;)

My latest paranormal romance Selkie's Lure by Rosanna Leo released January 16. Reviews have been awesome. I hope you'll check it out.

Please note: no socks were thanked in this book.


Blurb

Amy Woods, one of TV’s famed Beast Seekers, has come to Orkney, Scotland, to hunt sirens. One of them killed her sister and she has sworn revenge. Most people think she’s crazy for believing in monsters. She knows the truth. But while patrolling one of Orkney’s cold beaches, she runs into a naked selkie man rather than a siren, and he proves to be an alluring distraction.

Edan Kirk is a selkie, one of an ancient race of seal shape shifters. When he hears of Amy’s intention to hunt sirens, tragic memories overwhelm him. He knows he must get rid of the pesky human. As much as he tries to convince her she’s on a fool’s errand, he can’t resist trying to protect her. After all, he has heard the enticing song of the sirens and he knows its deadly power.

As Amy and Edan engage in a battle of wits and wills, other emotions rush to the fore. Their connection is intense, the sort to come along only once in a lifetime. Edan recognizes her as his mate. However, another woman has set her sights on him as well, one whose powers of seduction are legendary. One whose voice has driven men to madness and devastation.

Can Amy accept Edan as her mate, making her home in the world of the supernatural? And can they save each other from a beast that cannot be destroyed?

Kobo   Google Play    iTunes    B&N    Amazon 


For more details, connect with Rosanna at the following social media platforms:





4 comments:

  1. Loved the post! Thanks for the chuckles :D
    Edan is waiting for me on my Kindle YAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo, thanks Seelk! I appreciate you stopping by and hope you love Edan!

      Delete
  2. Super excited for this, Rosanna! <3

    ReplyDelete