Thursday, May 4, 2017

Top 10 Carrie Fisher Quotes #MayThe4thBeWithYou @MichelleGAuthor


Of course I have to do something Star Wars related on Star Wars Day, but I had no idea what. In truth, it didn't take long to figure it should be something related to Carrie Fisher, an iconic writer and actress, whose death impacted me more than I would have expected. As a little girl seeing Star Wars for the first time, I fell in love with the spunky Princess Leia who wasn't afraid to speak her mind or do what needed to be done.

So in the spirit of speaking my mind, here are my Top 10 Favourite Carrie Fisher quotes (from this article in Rolling Stone).

10. "They always do [ask me to lose weight]. They want to hire part of me, not all of me. They want to hire about three-fourths, so I have to get rid of the fourth somehow. The fourth can't be with me."

9.  "Everyone drives someone crazy. I just have a bigger car."

8.  "I don't think I was ever suicidal, and that's probably because of drugs."

7.  "Instant gratification takes too long."

6.  "I feel I'm very sane about how crazy I am."

5.  "I'm not happy about being older, except what are the options?"

4.  "Resentment is like drinking a poison and waiting for the other person to die."

3.  "The only exercise I get lately is running of at the mouth and jumping to conclusions..."

2.  "Shame is not something I aspire to."

1.  "Sometimes you can only find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell."

It's fair to say that the world lost a brilliant mind when Carrie passed away. Thank goodness we can still enjoy her words through her books and the wonderful internet!

I can't sign off without letting you know about my latest release, Running Home, that's in the Owned By the Alpha anthology from Evernight Publishing.



NEW Dark Paranormal Romance Stories by Bestselling Evernight Authors!
amazon-bestseller-icon.png 
OWNED BY THE ALPHA 
The Alpha lives for the hunt...
Driven by instinct, an Alpha shifter recognizes his fated mate from one scent, one touch. He'll pursue his woman, regardless of the cost, and anyone else would be smart to get out of his way. He won't stop until he takes possession of his prize.
Although the hunter doesn't need convincing, his mate certainly does. The Alpha will have to prove himself as a lover and convince his woman that he plays for keeps.
160,000 words

Scent of Destiny by Rose Wulf
Taken Mate by Sam Crescent
Finders Keepers by Stacey Espino
The Hunt by Doris O’Connor
Alpha at Altitude by Lily Harlem
Fated to the Razorback Demon by Maia Dylan
Running Home by Michelle Graham
Alpha’s Sunshine by Elyzabeth M. VaLey
Checkmate by Wren Michaels
Frozen Heart by Beth D. Carter
Wolf Hunter by Elena Kincaid
Returning to the Coyote by Roberta Winchester



No comments:

Post a Comment